11 August, 2011

Eric Stuart



Who are you?:

-Eric Stuart, singer/songwriter and leader of the Eric Stuart Band, voice actor starring in such anime shows as Pokemon, Yugioh, etc, director, writer and video game addict.

1) What are the top two questions you are tired of being asked- and, their answers?

-To say stupid Kaiba lines from the abridged series. Not really that funny. Our real outtakes are much funnier.

-Why did you do that to Yugi, etc. The answer is I am just the actor. I have no say in any of the story line.

2) What's the oddest thing a fan has ever brought as a gift for you, or for you to sign?

-Breasts. I think that says it all.

3) What trend in recently made films are you sick of seeing?

-Celebrity voice actors. Casting someone for their name and not their talent is annoying and hurts the grunts like me who really need the gig.

4) If the human race was obliterated and you were the sole survivor, how long do you think you'd survive?

-Hmmm, maybe a year. I know how to do a lot of stuff. What would probably kill me is the loneliness and having no one to sing songs to.

5) Kharma/Karma - what are your thoughts on it?

-I totally believe in it. I have seen great examples of payback as well as gifts for being a good person.

6) Have you ever been ramen noodles every dinner or dish soap for laundry soap kind of broke?

-Close. Peanut butter and jelly every day for a month. Stuck in limbo between selling one house and buying another. The overlap of having two homes for 9 months was a true test.

7) Have you ever mentally invented something that you KNEW would have been useful, but were too lazy to go through the creation process?

-Nope. Lazy is not a word that I would ever use to describe myself. I probably never had the time to invent something since I am always creating.

8) Do you do your absolute best to speak in a politically-correct manner? How well is that working out for you?

-Nope. I speak my mind. Now, my thinking and my politics may be considered politically correct but I don’t need to be aware of it to say the right thing. Either you feel it or it is forced. Everyone has their own prejudices and those that deny it are lying. We must try to educate ourselves so that we learn we are not very different from one another. I strive to be more educated so it is working out for me.

9) Is there anything in your closet that you've borrowed from someone else?

-No. But my closet is filled with things I should lend to other people. I have way too many clothes, shoes, etc that I do not wear anymore but refuse to get rid of.

10) Ever had any issues with stalkers?

-Yes. Many. One in particular came to my front door one night and banged and screamed for me to ‘let her in and how could I have done this to her by not being with her’. Let’s just say my landlord was not too pleased.

Shameless self-promotion/shout outs/any last words:

-Buy my music. If you visit my website www.ericstuart.com and order cds from me I will sign them. Download my songs from iTunes as well.  I am first and foremost a singer/songwriter and I like when anime fans find my music and become music fans as well.






 Words from me: The first time I met Eric was only about 3 weeks ago, at the FrightNight/FandomFest convention this past July. I won't lie- when I saw his name on the guest list two weeks before- I had a mild geek out (not like..crazy spazmo geek out, but I did have a quiet little SQUEE!). We go to a lot (a LOT) of cons every year - and, aside from the personal friends that we get to see there, I generally don't look forward to any of the guests. Out of probably 25+ cons, Eric is only the 3rd person I'd ever looked forward to seeing at a con that I wasn't already friends with (the first two being Robert Englund aka Freddy Krueger and Doug Bradley aka Pinhead). Why was I excited? I haven't really watched too much anime in about a decade, but when I did, I watched a LOT of it. Honestly, I HATED the concept of 'PokeMon' but the first time I watched it and was introduced to 'Team Rocket,' I was won over. More specifically, the character of 'James.' And, it was the voice, actually, that amused me the most. It was the strangest noise (in a good way) that I'd heard from any -male- anime character. Of ALL of the anime I've seen, James (and, that voice) will always be in the top 3 of my favourite characters. Eric is, also, only one of 3 voice actors' names I remember from back then. X.x When I met him, he was nothing but a sweetheart to me even though I'm sure I was a strange thing to him. When he agreed to do a set of questions, I had another little SQUEE! to myself. Show him love and support. He's worked hard for it and deserves it (*cough*go-listen-to-'One Good Reason'*cough*). And, thank you, Eric, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment