24 October, 2011

Mike Aloisi

Who are you?:
Mike is the author of the recently released biography of horror icon, Kane Hodder.
1) What are the top two questions you're sick of being asked - and, their answers?

I have a great idea for a story, would you write it?  Answer- NO (though I put it much nicer than that)

As for the other, just people not realizing I'm the author of a book and asking me questions about the store I'm in when I'm sitting behind a table with books all over and a sign that says, meet the author.  Answer- No, I do not know where the bathroom is or if you can get a latte discount with the purchase of two books. 


2) What's a few of your pet-peeves, or in the words of George Carlin, 'psychotic fuckin' hatreds?'

Hmmm... People being late and people who don't try to better their life.  

3) What's the most embarrassing job you've ever had, in or out of 'the industry?'

Working on a cleaning crew and having to clean the men's room after "taco Tuesday".  Still makes me queasy.  
4) Is there a store you would be completely lost without?

Not a physical store, but with out Amazon. come I'd be lost... yet I'd probably have a LOT more money in my life.  

5) John Carpenter and George Lucas get into a fistfight. What would you guess started it and who do you think wins?

It was over the last egg salad sandwich on the craft service table.  George would throw food at John and then run... John would slowly pick up a knife and throw it... landing it right between George's shoulder blades.  

6) One of the hardest lessons you've had to learn in your adult life?

Might sound bad, but to not trust anyone until they prove themselves to you on more than one occasion.  Just been let down to many times.  

7) Has there ever been a movie that you've watched and had nightmares because of it, the same night?

I'm a man, I don't have nightmares... riiiiiight.  That use to happen a lot in my youth, mostly with Jason Voorhees, but now, I typically have nightmares about odd things like bananas.  

8) What's the most ridiculous nickname anyone ever given you?

Aloe.  Like I'm some sort of soothing lotion.  Guy just took the first part of my last name (pronounced: Al-Oh-We-Z) and it stuck for a while. 

9) Ever have stalker issues?

No, but I am looking for one if anyone is interested.  Figure if I was stalked I would feel really successful!  

10) If you had the chance to own your dream car, would you let it simply sit in a garage or would you actually drive it?

Could care less about cars, so I would pick the most expensive one and then sell it for the money.   Then buy a cheaper one and have cash to do what I want with. 

Shameless self promotion/shout outs/any last words:

I'm on a national book tour right now with horror movie legend Kane Hodder, come out and see us!  Visit www.KaneHodderKills.com for tour dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment