30 March, 2012

Victor Miller



Who are you?:

I am a 71 year old sorta retired writer, a husband of almost 50 years to a saint , a father of two grown men of whom I am incredibly proud, a father-in-law of two fabulous daughters-in-law and one outlandishly wonderful grandson.   Nobody on this planet has it better than I do and I can tell you in no way do I deserve a tenth of what i have lucked into.

1. What are the top two questions you're sick of being asked - and, their answers?

How did you come up with the idea for FRIDAY THE 13TH? (I will not dignify your blog by typing my reply to that question. It can be found almost anywhere else.)

2. Have you ever had the pleasure of running into a wall, door, screen, window, or sliding door?

I have had the unquestionable delight of running into all of the above by accident or on purpose. When I drank alcohol, anything was possible and some crashes I can actually recall.

3. What's the most embarrassing job you've ever had, in or out of 'the industry?'

I was a canvasser for an aluminum awning company in New Haven, CT. I went door to door pretending to be taking surveys when really i was supposed to be getting appointments for salesmen to talk folks into buying these awful looking awnings. I sucked. It sucked. They sucked. I was totally ashamed.

4. If the human race was obliterated and you were the sole survivor, how long do you think you'd survive?

It's hard to say. I would probably spend at least a year sure that there was at least one other person left and I'd have to find her. If I trip over a pile of manure, I almost always look for the pony underneath.

5. If you had to pick someone in the celebrity world to back you up in a fight, who would you pick and why?

Betsy Palmer. Because she understands protecting her offspring.

6. The Internet - blessing or a curse?

Blessing and curse. I am really good at it. Many are not, sadly.

7. Ever actually *facepalm* or *headdesk* before?

Oh, yes.

8. Do you talk to your pets as if they're human? Do they understand or talk back?

Yes and no. I also speak gibberish to them and they appear to understand that as well. But they never speak back.

9. Rollercoasters - are you just a line buddy or a coaster warrior?

I won't get within a half mile of one. Total chicken.

10. Pick out one of your scars - where is it and how did you manage to achieve it?

Inside of right wrist. At age 4 I chased the neighborhood bully who stole one of my toys. I tripped in a vacant lot and cut my wrist on a broken beer bottle. It cut the tendon to my thumb. 1944 operation took 6 hours. My thumb works fine, but the scar looks like a pale doodlebug and reminds me that bullies really really hurt.

Shameless self promotion/shout outs/any last words:

website: www.victormiller.com
Thanks for a fun interview.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment